As you all know by now, Dew is not widely available in Germany, or even in Europe from what I can tell. But, there is Fanta. Yes, the orange soda we all know and love. Every place has Fanta. I haven't been to a restaurant yet that doesn't have Fanta. It seems to be the thing to drink in Europe if you don't want Coke. I now have had Fanta in every country I've visited, and have the labels to prove it. I have labels in German, French, and, I believe, Dutch. The bottles from Amsterdam & Luxumbourg were both bottled in Belgium, however, so I'm not sure.
The Fanta here tastes a lot more like orange juice. It isn't fluorescent orange like the Fanta in the US, and the sodas are made with sugar instead of HFCS. So, while it still isn't good for me, at least I'm not getting quite as much mercury in my diet. Water here is not only warm (that whole no ice in Europe thing), but tastes like snails, so there's no way I'm drinking that. Unless it comes from a bottle, and then it tastes OK, but it costs an arm & a leg.
So, I would like to say a big thank you to the Coke company for making Fanta, because my only other choice would be 7-Up, and I don't really like 7-Up.
Viva Fanta!
Emma says - Fanta is the juice of the gods, I get it everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment